Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting Back to "Normal"

Well friends, I hope everyone is well.  I have been recovering from the last chemo session, and I am starting to feel more "normal" everyday.  Of course, this is a new "normal".  There is a normal that one has before a life threatening illness and all the treatments that go with it, and then there is a new "normal" that you experience after cancer, chemo, and the likes.  I am shooting for the new normal that I hope life will bring me closer to everyday. My strength is growing everyday with little reminders here and there that I can't do all that I once was used to doing. 
I have been enjoying this little break...the "after chemo, but before radiation".  It's a limbo-land that I wish would last a little longer.  I am enjoying time with my kids, and still finding time to rest everyday.  I am enjoying not being in pain any longer and starting to be able to do more and more.  I think of all the people that have prayed for me and I thank them.  I know there are so many that have and still do everyday.  I know things could have been so much harder without the prayers of so many people.  Thank you to everyone and most of all thank you to my wonderful husband who has been there for me in so many ways.  He has been my hero.  Thank you to my girls who have shown me what the word "courageous" really means.  Thank you to my mother-n-law for all her hard work and efforts taking such good care of me and being there for surgery, chemos, and so much more.  My friends and co-workers at the salon, I could not have made it without you guys.  My sisters, I love you both and thank God that you have been there for me.  The Garden Friends....your prayers have a direct line to heaven I do believe.  And for everyone out there you know who you are...thank you for your prayers.  They have been heard, and God has got me through this far, and I thank everyone.  Until next time my friends...

6 comments:

Ellie K. Belfiglio said...

My dear child.
Welcome to the new normal. I hope your new normal will be better than former normal. and I pray that you never have another fight with this Satan of cancer. Now that you have gone there abd back which I haven't, Please take care of you body and soul because you are first belong to you and then to your husband and children and then all of us. I like to claim that you are my daughter even though I know you have a wonderful mom.I haven't done anything extra for you that I would not do it for my own child. Thank you for your praise of me in your blog. So Please accept my invitation that once and for ever to become my daughter since your own came to my dream and ask me to love you as she has.
Love you moma Ellie,
From here to there

Unpublished Writer said...

Hugs! I'm glad you're doing well. this has been a tough week and I don't plan on losing another friend to cancer if I have any say about it. *ticked off*
I will be driving to Early, TX on Friday to pay last respects to my friend who was diagnosed in mid-June. Two cancers at the same time was just too much for his body I guess. I know God understands it all better than I do. I just pray that I can be whatever God wants me to be to his wife, my dear friend, Renee. *crying*

Yolanda said...

So glad to hear things are getting back to normal. Your Mother in law's comments made me cry. I love me some Ellie!

Still praying for you Sister!!

Unknown said...

Dear Penny, I am so glad you are feeling more "normal" even if it is a new "normal" and that your strength is returning. God does answer our prayers. Be assured that I will continue to pray for you often that God will give you strength, peace and comfort. Thank you for being my friend and for putting forth such a special effort for me last Friday. You are indeed a very special person. May God continue too bless you. Jerry

Dorothy McHugh said...

Penny:
It is SO good to hear you are having some "normal" fun with your girls. I know you all need it. You have been beyond brave through this ordeal, and I am in amazement of you. The reconstruction process sounds exciting. Who couldn't use a tummy tuck?!!

As you journey into this last phase of treatment, know that I am here to get Presley where she needs to be especially school and back. Lisa Shive and I are ironing out the details. As last year, you and Kevin take care of yourselves, and Lisa and I will do the carpooling. I'll talk to you more about it when we finalize it.

This is your time to concentrate on yourself. I continue to pray for you every day. I pray you feel God's awesome strength and love for you.

Love,
Dorothy

Unknown said...

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk

You'll never walk
You'll never walk alone.