Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Seeing the Light At The End of The Chemo Tunnel


Tomorrow I am getting my last infusion of Taxol, my last chemo session.  It will be my eighth chemo total.  I am very glad to get this part of the treatment over with and done.  From what I understand, Adriamycin, Cytoxan, and Taxol, have a four time life time maximum dosage which I have received.  I know some people receive Taxol over a longer period in smaller amounts.  Basically, I have received all that I can have.  If I were to have a recurrence in the chest wall or distant metastasis, then other drugs would be used.  I don't want to think about that right now, but I am glad to know that I will never receive these types of drugs again.  The permanent side effects of these are yet to be seen.  However, I am currently experiencing neuropathy in both feet, mostly in the toes...and some in my hands.  The past few days I have been plagued with fatigue, overwhelming fatigue.  It has been hard to keep my eyes open and stay awake because I am so tired.  It is almost like my brain is not getting enough oxygen.  I am being treated again for a urinary tract infection with more antibiotics.  I have fought the bone pain again, however this time it did not seem as intense.  Overall, I am glad that I am seeing this part of the treatments come to an end.

Many of you have been praying for me and my online triple negative friend, Heather.  Heather has been in Zion, Illinois getting treatments at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.  Her cancer got worse before it got better, but I am glad to announce that she is responding well to her treatments and all the natural therapies that she has done.  Her tumor markers the other day went to zero!!!  Amazing!  To think she was told to get her affairs in order...God has other plans for her.  Thanks to everyone who has been praying for her. One thing I can say about CTCA is they approach healing from every angle.  They provide nutritional counseling, lifestyle coaching, emotional and spiritual counseling, and the latest in medical science.  They believe in the whole circle of healing.  Another friend of my sister's is getting treatments there and gets acupuncture while she is hooked up to her chemo.  She has it arranged, but just the simple fact that they allow it to be done in there facility says a lot.  If my disease ever advances I will definitely consider going there for treatments.  Go Heather!!!!  I am so happy for you, keeping the faith and being so courageous to keep fighting and not letting Satan steal your hope!  Thanks to everyone for your prayers, and keep them coming for us both.  Thanks to all my blog followers for giving me an outlet to write about my experiences.   Also, I thank you for all your encouragement during this time.  It has meant the world to hear from you.  Leave me a comment.  Until next time my friends...

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Congratulations to both you and Heather on your battles - you are an inspiration.

Unknown said...

I have kept you and also your friend Heather, in my prayers since learning of the trying times you both are facing. Heather and you have been an inspiration. When my Mom passed away from colon cancer, my belief was you cannot over come it once you have been diagnosed to a later stage. My Mom was diagnosed as advanced stage 4 and treatment was not even an option. Just reading how positive your attitude is and faithful you remain in our wonderful Lord helps me to remain faithful also. Keping you both in my prayers!!

Unknown said...

There is no distance in the Spirit. I may not be a consistent blogger but I am constantly keeping you in my prayers and I rejoice with you in all your victories!!!