Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

How God Spoke to me through Karaoke!


It is Sunday morning about 10:30.  Kevin left early to go fishing and I am still in bed.  I am recuperating after a successful birthday party with a lot of seventh graders.  Last night, they all seemed to have a good time.  They had a water balloon fight, listened to music, played capture the flag in the dark, and sang karaoke.  My husband got the three boys up who were reluctant at first and pretty soon there were bustin' some moves and beat boxing.  All the girls had fun as well.  Towards the end of the night, I went to my room for bit as most of the kid's parents were beginning to pick up or already had.  I came out a little bit later to the most amazing thing.  I have probably no less than 25 karaoke CD's to choose from with all kinds of music.  There were three girls in the living room and they had found my Christian praise and worship songs for karaoke. There is one disc and I had put it up on the book shelf.   They were all singing "How Great is Our God!"  If any other kids came in from outside playing....they just walked by them (if any came in they were coming in for water, food, or bathroom)....and I noticed they would start singing it too while they were walking by them.  There lips would start moving and they were singing it too!  Some of them would just stop and stand and start singing right where they were.  I had gone to my room to get on my computer and email another Triple Negative Friend I met online and feel very close to.  She had contacted me earlier that day and told me her chemo was not working.  They had found a tumor bigger than her original one in the breast clavicle area despite her double mastectomy, and her lymph nodes are now riddled with cancer.  She was a stage four because they had found two spots on her liver before her chemo started, but they were small.   They basically left her with not much hope.  She is my age and has two boys about the same ages as Landri and Presley.  So, Heather, is taking a huge leap of faith.  She has went to see a man by the name of Solomon Wickey, an Amish man.  A man that many say has a God given gift.  You can read about him on the internet. He also is giving her a strict diet to follow of herbs and fruits and vegetables, some whole grains etc. which includes juicing. In four months she should be cancer free if all goes well.  I am a firm believer in natural healing.  I told her to go for it!  Show God how big your faith is.....Heather.  She will discontinue her chemo which is not working to kill her cancer cells, it is only weakening and poisoning her body.  And since there are no other targeted therapies for Triple Negative Breast Cancer, there is not much left that doctors can do.  I believe fully that God designed our bodies to be perfect operating machines.  We have to give it the right fuel, the fuel that God intended.  I believe that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains can be a powerful healing tool.  However, I am a believer and not a doer.  This is where I have to change.  I always said that if I was diagnosed with cancer, that I would not have chemo or radiation.  I just would not do it.  I would try to heal my body with fueling it with fruits and veggies, and faith.  I even said that to Kevin a month or so before I was diagnosed.  He got mad at me for saying it.  I just told him that if it was in God's plan for me to be healed then I would be healed, and if it wasn't than no amount of treatment would make a difference.  Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite even going through this chemo and radiation.  But I have decided that I will do my part and God will do the rest.  I realize that I could easily be in the same boat with Heather.  That could happen to me.  And if I find out that the chemo is not working for me, I will not continue to poison my body for no reason. I have heard of people who's disease still progresses to stage four, but chemo is controlling the spread somewhat.  These people live on chemo for years but eventually will die.  As much as I want to live, I will not live on chemo.  I don't think that I could do that.  I much more believe in the route that Heather has chosen.  If God wants me to live another ten years then he will let me.  I also know that you never know until you are there walking in those shoes what your real choices might be.


So I had been thinking of Heather all day yesterday.  She has been on my mind and my heart.  I have been thinking of her new plan of attack for her cancer.  I have prayed for her.  She was weighing heavy on my heart.  So I go in my room to check my messages on my computer to see if I have heard any more from her.  Still heavy on my mind, I leave my room and I walk out to children singing "How Great Is Our God!".  What are the chances that at a 13 year old birthday boy and girl party it would end with them singing "How Great Is Our God"?  God was speaking to me through these kid's song, and he was speaking to Heather, too.  Thank you God for reminding me how powerful and awesome and great you are Lord!  Thank you for giving us gifts of healing, discernment, and wisdom. Thank you for being way bigger than any diagnosis or any treatments or any doctors.


I need everyone reading this blog to start praying for Heather and her healing.  Talk to your Sunday school groups, bible study groups and any prayer warriors you have....prayer chains too!  You MUST prayer for her!  Please, please, please, do not discard this request.  She means a lot to me.  God has brought us together for a reason.  And I believe that I am supposed to watch her live and beat this, but I need all of you guys out there to start praying.  Every day and every night....whenever you think about it, while driving or doing anything...please pray for Heather.  Of course you can pray for me, too.   But prayer for Heather is urgent right now.


I would love for everyone reading this blog to click on the "follow" tab and sign up to be a follower.  It doesn't take long.   Also if you don't know me personally but somehow you found this blog or heard about it from someone, please leave me a comment by clicking on "# comments" at the bottom of the post in small print.  It will say 0 comments, 1 comments, 2 comments, etc.  I would love to know how you found my blog and where you are from.  I love to hear from my blog followers.  Until next time my friends.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow penny - as you have thought and had Heather on your heart - i do you everyday - somedays i constantly think about you. i miss you at work so much. i will pray for heather as will the Garden Friends. So much i don't understand..... so much I have to trust in the Lord. I am so sorry you and other have to do this.... i plead your case before the Lord daily. I LOVE YOU - vicky

Ellie K. Belfiglio said...

My goodness. so many different things are happening to tell you and Heather and so many others that God is watching over you. His plan for all of you is good because God is good and because God even take care of Meme who said she didn't believe in God. Hanging there my child for God loves you and we all love you.
From here to there

Anonymous said...

Sending thoughts and prayers for you and Heather!

Vintage Whimsy Studio said...

Just found you though some research on Solomon Wickey . . . . I heard about him through a lady in our community who actually connected me with a woman who has been studying with Solomon for several years. I am convinced there this is real, and through the wisdom of these people of God and our prayers we can discover a healthier way to face whatever comes our way. God alone can heal our bodies, but we must accept the power that is our through His gracious gifts. I will pray for you and for your family, and for Heather. I will bookmark your blog and return to keep up with your progress. There are many others out here who are praying for you, perhaps most you will never know, but the strength of our corporate prayers will be heard by our Heavenly Father. Blessings! Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

milissaaustinjenkins said...

I will add Heather to my prayer list Penny, and I do agree with you, I think in the end the makers diet is the way it has put many of cancers, crohn's disease and even diabetes in remission. That is how God wanted to eat all along, not all this processed junk! (I did do KFC for you the other day!)

I will praying for you both and I am very interested in hearing how she does, it is a hard diet to follow but well worth it in the end!!! The Makers Diet, by Jordan Rubin that is an awesome book!!! Love you Missi

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, thought of you and your friend Heather several times today. Praying for you both. Praying for God's arms to be wrapped around you! Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Much love and hugs your way! Cynthia

Erin said...

Hi, Penny! My amazing friend, Linda, told me about you and your blog--she is one of your salon clients. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with so many. You are shining so brightly through your words and faith.

I'm praying for you and Heather!

Erin

Cindy Allen said...

I will put Heather on our prayer list and I will tell my friends to do the same. I will also post on my facebook. I would like to come and visit you really soon. It has been too long since we have seen each other. I love you so much and am praying for you everyday. You are amazing and our God is Great.

rhonda said...

Hi Penny, I am so glad I found your blog, another friend told me about it. I live in Dallas, and am a year and a half out from finishing chemotherapy. I will pray for Heather. So sad.

Jonesh27 said...

Thank you for your dedication to sharing your story, experiences, and emotions through this blog. I just started reading your blog about a week ago and I don't know know many people i've mentioned it to! I feel honored to follow your story!

My mom was diagnosed with tripple negative in October- and the world hasn't been the same since. I am so humbled by the strength in women like you, heather, and my mom. You ladies are kicking butt one treatment, one test, one casual conversation at a time!
My mom just finished her 24th dose of chemo this friday! She did the same course as you- starting with adromyacin (sp)/cytoxin and followed with 12 weeks of taxol. Her cat scan came back today with wonerful results- the spot they originally saw in her lung is exactly the same, meaning the spot is most likely NoT cancer and they did not detect any other signs of cancer. !! THere ARE positive results even with this type of cancer, as nasty and terrifying as it is. I truly believe Heather, yourself and my mom are going to win the fight. You seem like such a positive, upbeat and active woman. I am blown away by the passionate way you describe the experiences you are going though. I have a rock that I found on the beach a few months ago when I was on vacation with my family. It is a prayer rock I have dedicated to my mom's health, and I am certainly going to send some positive energy through it to you and heather as well. Sending my love, Helen

Anonymous said...

I have TNBC and was wondering how Heather is doing?